Web Developer Needed!
Come work in an easygoing atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of a large corporate organization. We are the web team in the Economic Research Division at the St. Louis Fed, and are in need of a talented developer to help support and build upon our current web architecture. We build and host a number of high-quality (and free) products for the public, students, and teachers interested in economics. Our key products, FRED, FRASER, IDEAS, and EconLowdown (which includes online courses and videos) are known as some of the largest free services for economic information in the world and receive millions of visits each month.
You'll love working with our highly-skilled developers and admins in a casual work environment that includes such benefits as flexible working hours, numerous learning opportunities, access to top industry conferences, excellent insurance benefits and pay, ten paid holidays as well as paid sick and vacation time, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
As our newest developer you will be:
- Working alongside our team of 7 highly-skilled developers
- Supporting an existing online learning framework.
- Developing the front and back ends of new online learning economics and personal finance education courses.
- Employing best practices to improve efficiency and performance of applications and databases
- Learning and applying about emerging technologies and trends
- 2-3 years of experience in the field of web technology
- Experience programming in PHP or similar language
- Experience programming user interfaces with JQuery
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar databases
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming patterns
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Git
- Experience developing learning management systems
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Interest in economics
- Working with instructional design and education technology tools
- Working in a matrix management environment