Spring 2015 Midwest Macro Meeting
The spring 2015 meetings of the Midwest Macroeconomics Conference will convene May 1 - 3, 2015
on the campus of Washington University in St. Louis. This event is co-sponsored with the Federal Reserve Bank of
Harold Cole (University of Pennsylvania) and Boyan Jovanovic (New York University) are the plenary speakers.
The program committee chairs:
- YiLi Chien, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Alexander Monge-Naranjo, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Yongseok Shin, Washington University in St. Louis
The program committee members:
- Silvio Contessi, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Maximiliano Dvorkin, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Fernando M. Martin , Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Paulina Restrepo-Echavarria, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Juan M. Sánchez, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Ana Maria Santacreu, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- David Wiczer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Conference and location Information
- Each presenter has 30 minutes. All the rooms have computers and projectors, and you will only need to bring your presentation file in a USB drive.
- Most sessions and activities, including lunch and breakfast, take place in Seigle Hall (Building #97 on the map linked below). There will be an information
desk on the first floor of Seigle Hall throughout the conference. The activities that take place elsewhere are:
On Wash U campus, you can connect to the wireless network “wustl-guest” without any special configuration. We also have EDUROAM.
If you are staying at Sheraton Clayton, one easy way to get to campus is MetroLink. Take an eastbound train from Clayton, and get off at Big Bend-U City
(2 stops, F-1 on the map). A one-way ticket costs $2.50, and trains run every 12 to 20 minutes. The schedule can be found at: Metrolink
General directions to Wash U campus is found at: Directions
- Welcome Reception. 5:40-7:30pm on May 1; The Gargoyle, lower level of Mallinckrodt Center (Building #67 on the map).
- Plenary Session (Hal Cole and Boyan Jovanovic). 4:45-6:15pm on May 2; May Auditorium, lower level of Simon Hall (Building #105 on the map).
- Conference Dinner. 6:30-8:30pm on May 2; The Gargoyle, lower level of Mallinckrodt Center (Building #67 on the map).
Link to Map (it may take a while to load): Map
Registration is now open on the Midwest Macro 2015 Conference Maker Site. The conference fee is $60 for faculty or $40 for graduate students, including Saturday dinner. Registration deadline is April 3rd, 2015
The conference is using two hotels:
- Knight Center (Charles F. Knight Center – on-campus hotel, $119 per night). To book, contact the Knight Center at 866.933.9400 for the Midwest Macroeconomics Conference. (This rate is valid until Thursday, April 9, 2015, subject to room availability.)
- Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis (2 blocks from MetroLink station, $119 per night). To book, follow link: MW Macroeconomics Conference May 2015. (This rate is valid until Friday, April 10, 2015, subject to room availability.)