My Account Help
With a user account, you will be able to:
- Subscribe to email notifications for updates to publications and data series.
- Store lists of economic data series. Data lists can be used to download series cross-tabulated by date or save links to series pages.
- Save customized FRED graphs and GeoFRED maps for sharing and future use.
- Access the FRED API to integrate data with your favorite software packages.
- Create your own economic data dashboards.
- Add series to your favorites list for easy access to data you use the most.
To create a new account for yourself, click the Register link.
Creating a user account has three steps:
- Complete the registration form.
- Wait for a confirmation email to arrive.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to verify your email address.
Select the 'Sign In' link in the user account navigation at the top of the page. Enter the email address and password associated with your account.
You will be prompted to type in your email address. Next, press the 'Continue, using our secure server' button. Within a few minutes you should receive an email message with specific instructions for creating a new password. This message will be valid for 3 days.
In general, select the 'Notify Me of Updates' links next to content throughout the web site. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so. As an example, select the 'Notify Me of Updates' links from any of the FRED economic database series pages (e.g., Gross Domestic Product, 1 Decimal) or categories pages (e.g., GDP Domestic Product (GDP) and Components). For research publications, first select any of the 'Email Notifications' links (e.g., Review Email Notifications), then select any of the 'Notify Me of Updates' links.
You should first contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Information Technology department. The email notifications may be erroneously marked as spam. You should tell your ISP or IT department that messages sent from email@example.com are legitimate. They can adjust the email filter to let the messages through. If you continue to have problems please let us know.
See 'How to Use My Data Lists' for a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots.
To add a data series, select the 'Add to My Data Lists' link on any data series page in the 'Economic Data - FRED' section. You will then be asked to select which of your data lists to add the series to. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so. As an example, go to the GDP data series page and select 'Add to My Data Lists'.
First sign in. You will be forwarded to the 'My Account' page. Select the 'Data Lists' link . On the 'Data Lists' page, select the data list that you want to remove the data series from. On this data list page, select the 'Remove' link next to the corresponding data series.