Tracking the Economy
Welcome to "Tracking the Economy," a collection of charts reporting the current trends for several economic indicators. The charts are designed to provide accurate and useful information on the current economic environment and behavior of economic data around business cycle turning points.
Use FRED® Graph to create your own Expansion charts
The following are links to pre-set graphs using FRED® data. All charts use U.S. data starting with the October 1949 business cycle trough and continuing through the current cycle.
GDP and Components
- Real Gross Domestic Product
- Real Personal Consumption Expenditures
- Real Gross Private Domestic Investment
- Real Government Consumption Expenditures and Gross Investment
- Real Exports of Goods & Services
- Real Imports of Goods & Services